Personal Development & Leadership Skills for Beginners - Special Module!
Some if not all of these critical skills and attributes you may have heard before, however, these are the essential skills that I feel a good employee should display in their first 90 days of employment and beyond.
1. Make sure you arrive to work on-time, and you are ready to learn the first minute your class/training starts. Any personal breaks, getting coffee or something else to drink should take place prior to training start time.
2. Follow your employer’s dress code at all times, during training and after training completion
3. Stay alert and attentive during class, ask questions when appropriate
4. Be open to receiving constructive feedback and implementing feedback given
5. Be a team player and actively participate in training activities during class, and with your peers after training completion
6. Offer your help to others when appropriate
1. Come to work on time every day and adhere to your schedule. This is one of the most critical behaviors for a good employee
a. By coming to work on time every day and adhering to your schedule, you are showing to your employer that you are committed to your own success and development. When employee is present at work, it gives their manager/trainer an opportunity to train and develop them in order to be successful by learning and enhancing new skills
2. Adhere to company’s dress code at all times
3. Inform your manager about your vacation plans or days off that you may need in the future by giving them advanced notice. Different companies require different or preferred notification time frames.
4. Be a team player and a source of help to your peers when necessary. Offer your assistance when you see someone struggling with a particular task or process
5. Always be open and willing to receive constructive feedback or coaching from your manager(s). He or she has your best interest in mind, and that is for you to be successful at what you do. Your performance is their performance.
6. Implement feedback/coaching received immediately into practice in order to see results
7. Pro-actively ask your manager for feedback and what you may need to focus on in reference to your performance and development. This is especially critical if you are a new employee, in order to have knowledge and confidence that you need to help your customers
8. If you have good and effective ideas and suggestions on how to improve specific processes or procedures, don’t hesitate in sharing those ideas with your management team.
9. Be flexible and ready to change when necessary. Changes are often necessary for a business to run and grow. Therefore, be a champion of change and help others through the process
10. Have the right attitude at all times and be positive. When you are positive and happy at work, your attitude transfers to everyone around you. Negative energy spreads quickly and only hurts everyone’s well being, and in turn their performance
11. Remember, come to work on time, adhere to your schedule and be the positive champion of change
I hope you enjoyed reading this module and found it to be very useful for you or someone else that you may know. Please feel free to share this post if you know someone who may benefit from reading it same way you did
If you are interested in receiving free Growth and Success Mindset Digest, delivered straight to your inbox with latest updates, then complete quick form at the bottom of this page and you will be on your way! It's that simple! You may also click the following link and sign up: http://eepurl.com/b0ReHz